(a) THE MANDATORY TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT
(b) THE MANDATORY USE OF FACE MASK
(c) WASHING OF HANDS AND THE USAGE OF SANITIZERS
(d) THE MANDATORY REGISTRATION OF NAMES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS FOR CONTACT TRACING.
PLEASE, KINDLY LEAVE THE CHURCH PREMISES AFTER THE SERVICE AS STEPS TO DECONTAMINATE THE ENVIRONMENT WOULD BEGIN RIGHT AFTER.
CORRECTION: -The Church Council has not bared the elderly from coming to Church. NCDC guidelines ADVISED that persons> 60 years with co-morbidities (e.g. lung diseases, heart diseases, hypertension, diabetes etc.) should stay away from crowded enclosed places. They have a higher risk of severe Covid-19 infection."
Covid-19 infection is REAL and number of cases is rising in virtually all parts of
Nigeria. Reports from the NCDC and various teaching hospitals confirm this.> Already, there are known treated cases of Covid-19 infection in our Church. In Oyo State, people are only tested, if there are symptoms suggestive of the disease! So, there may be many carriers who are not showing any symptoms, but can infect others. If you discovered that you have been exposed to a Covid-19 confirmed case, please isolate yourself for 14 days. If symptoms develop, please go to a hospital. Let us all do the POSSIBLE and leave the lMPOSSIBLE to God. "Faith without work is dead". James 2:26.
Following extensive discussion of this matter at its meeting which held on 11th January, 2021, the Church Council resolved as follows:
THE RESOLUTION OF THE CHURCH COUNCIL
(1) From Sunday. January 24, 2021 there will be only one service, i.e. 9.30 a.m. Mattins, which should not last more than one hour. All such services will be Communion Service.
(2) Only very important announcements are to be read by the Minister. A prayer request should be short or the Minister will be free to precis it.
(3) Introduction of Mid-Week Holy Communion Service for the elderly (65 years and above) every Wednesday at 12 noon beginning from 27th January, 2021.
(4) Choristers would henceforth wear masks while singing to curtail the spread of the deadly virus.
(5) Members of the congregation are once again to be divided into four groups, as it was done initially, which implies that each of us will have opportunity to attend Church services, physically, once a month. Live streaming of Sunday Services will continue. This means we can participate from home.
(6) All covid-19 precautionary measures already in place MUST be strictly observed by all.
(7) Members are to sit on marked pews to maintain social distancing. Use of unmarked pews will not be allowed. Let us all cooperate with the Sides-men and Ladies, please.
(8) Altar-calls on special occasions have been suspended for now; celebrants will remain where they are seated, whilst the Minister prays for them from the Chancel.
During Holy Communion Service, use of pincers by the Minister is to be encouraged.
(9) No burial at the Memorial Park and Gardens of any person within 24 hours of demise.
All the above measures are temporary and the Council and Church Reopening Committee will continue to monitor closely the situation and review.
May the Almighty God continue to shield us all from this pandemic. Amen.